My first thought when I awakened this morning:
School. Orthodontist appointment. Loads and loads of laundry. Monday, here we come!
If you, too, woke with the Monday blues, why not join me in whipping up a quick list of things you’re thankful for? They don’t have to be big things—just jot down the first five things that pop into your mind.
Here’s what I came up with:
1. It’s raining. (I love the rain, and we need it.)
2. I have a working washing machine and dryer. (I’ll be able to conquer that mountain of laundry despite the pouring rain.)
3. My vehicle runs. (And I have just enough gas to get to that orthodontist appointment and back.)
4. We paid our final orthodontist payment last month. I will not be pulling out my checkbook at this appointment. (This one needs no explanation.)
5. There will be unexpected blessings popping up throughout the day. (I can’t wait to find out what they are!)
So, what are you thankful for today? I hope your list makes it easier to get through your Monday. And, just in case that’s not enough, I’ll leave you with this:
“This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24)